Run the Wantage Summer Festival!
We are currently looking for our new leaders.
and get in touch with the Wantage Town Council for more details.
Who Are We:
Wantage Summer Festival is a regular fixture in the cultural calendar in the Wantage, Grove and the surrounding villages. It runs for one month, starting from the first Saturday in June. 5,000 to 7,000 people join our Festival events each year to celebrate their summer with us!
The aim of Wantage Summer Festival is to raise awareness of the a wealth of enthusiastic organisations, groups and individuals in the area, to celebrate their talents and to provide opportunities for the community to enjoy a varied programme of events, ranging from music and drama, to crafts, photography, historical talks, heritage walk plus much more. As well as the core participants who provide the backbone of the programme, the Festival is keen to showcase the not so well-known smaller specialist groups, often combining workshops which give the opportunity to learn a new skill.
In words of our past attendees:
“Grassroots festival celebrating and promoting community and individual talent.”
“A celebration of local talent in the community that brings together families, businesses and all in the community of Wantage, Grove and the surrounding area.”
“A programme of events using a variety of venue, offering entertainment and participation of people of all ages, encompassing the talent of the many groups which exist within and around the town.”
“Good publicity for the town.”
Benefits of volunteering:
- Supporting local community – Wantage Summer Festival was born out of the community need to feature the best of Wantage and the area groups and individuals and continues this tradition for over 20 years now
- Acquiring new skills – we have a good team of professionals specialising in fundraising, community work, legal, digital tools, online marketing, photography and much more – we would love you to learn some of those skills from us.
- Do something else, something new – you might be super-experienced too and we would love to learn from you! Join us and do something else for a little bit of change.
- Socialising – come and join us, have fun, meet new friends – actually some of our volunteers are new to Wantage and the area – working with us is a great way to meet many members of Wantage and the area community
- Feeling good!
How can I get involved?
- Donate your time in preparations and during the Festival events – even if you just have an hour, you can help.
- Donate your expertise – we need help in many areas of our preparatory work (research, design, online coverage, ticket sales) but we also need advice and new ideas! Just get in touch!
- Be part of our organising team – the Festival is currently looking for new leadership!
It really does not matter how much time you can offer us – we appreciate all support!
I want to get involved as a volunteer, what’s next?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!